- 3 tablespoons of ground golden flaxseed +6 tablespoons of water (or 3 eggs)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Xylitol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- shredded coconut sprinkled on top
- tart cherries, chopped sprinkled on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl whisk ground flaxseed and water, set aside for 5 minutes until mixture gels like an egg.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients coconut flour, salt, baking soda and Xylitol.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil, and vanilla extract whisk until combined. Add in flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease mini muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin liners. Pour mixture in pan. Leave plain or place shredded coconut or tart cherries on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, when using flaxseed you may need to bake longer. Insert toothpick in center when it comes out clean it is done.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Xylitol
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconutoil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (I use a Meyer lemon)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of Egg Replacer (I use Ener-G) + 6 tablespoons of warm water
For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon Xylitol
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients coconut oil, xylitol, lemon juice, lemon zest and almond milk.
- In a small bowl whisk together 4 1/2 teaspoons of egg replacement plus 6 tablespoons of warm water. Add to bowl of wet ingredients and whisk together. Add to dry ingredients whisk until combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the middle is set and top edges start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Using the micowave heat the coconut oil and coconut butter just enough to soften, whisk everything together.
- Set aside the glaze to let cool, you want it to thicken a little bit.
- When loaf is cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf and let it set.
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded
- 3 teaspoons of Egg Replacer plus 4 Tablespoons of warm water ( I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- ⅓ cup Xylitol
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a grater shred zucchini and carrots. Zucchini's have a lot of water so you will need to squeeze as much out as you can. Use cheesecloth or paper towels and put a brick on it to squeeze water out.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl using a spoon mix well, except the egg replacement, in a separate bowl put the 3 teaspoons of Egg Replacer and 4 Tablespoons of warm water whisk together until thoroughly mixed before adding to the recipe.
- Scoop into muffin line baking pan and Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or
- * ( If you can not have apple cider vinegar use 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil or try infused garlic olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- add sliced green or black olives
- use other favorite combinations of seasonings and herbs like dill, parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 10x6 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients coconut flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon rosemary or other seasonings and large pinch salt and pepper mix well set aside.
- Whisk together in a large bowl the wet ingredients eggs, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and even out batter.
- Brush on olive oil press garlic slices, olives and 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary into the top of the focaccia, gently pressing into the dough.
- Bake 25 minutes in oven, or until golden.
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's RedHot)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (I use Veganese Soy-Free Mayonnaise)
- sliced avacado for garnish
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds .Place on lined parchment paper cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until tender when you press your finger to it. Set aside to cool. Using a fork remove the threads and place in large bowl.
- Turn oven down to 350°F
- Grease a Lasagna baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add garlic, carrots,celery, onion, jalapeño and bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add ground chicken, garlic powder, salt and pepper use a spatula to break up chicken into small pieces cook until chicken is no longer pink around 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the hot sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the chicken mixture and spaghetti squash together in a large bowl mix in hot sauce and mayo mixture.
- Add everything into baking disk mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top forms a slight crust. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with scallions and avocados.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Grate cauliflower into pieces that are similar to the size of rice.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through. Use in dishes just as you would with rice.
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 lbs. of kale stemmed and cut into strips
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice plus extra for seasoning
- 2 scallions, sliced thin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan, add the squash and stir cook stirring occasionally until lightly browned 5 - 7 minutes set aside in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil back to your large pan, medium heat add onions and 2 teaspoons of salt and cook until softened for about 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste, garlic, and ginger and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in the water and coconut and bring to a simmer, cook until the coconut is softened about 5 minutes.
- Using a blender process the coconut mixture until it's finely ground up for about 2 minutes you might have to do this a couple of times. Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth squeezing as much as the liquid you can, discard the pulp. Take out 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Bring the remaining coconut broth to a simmer over medium heat stirring in the kale a handful at a time, cook until it's just beginning to wilt about 5 minutes. Stir in squash and juices that was set aside, cover, reduce heat to the medium low stirring occasionally, until the kale is wilted for about 15 minutes
- Stirring in the bell pepper cover and cook till done about 10 minutes.
- With the reserved coconut broth and arrowroot flour stir in vegtables and cook until the sauce thickens slightly for about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and scallions and season with salt and pepper. If you want use extra lime to juice to taste.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk in can (shake can before opening)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot (or you can substitute using tapioca flour both work well)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmic
1. Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl using a whisk until mix well.
3. Using a 1/4 cup pour batter into pan, should look like a 5 inch pancake.
4. After about a minute flip the flatbread and cook for another minute or until both sides are firm, then place the bread onto a parchment - lined baking sheet. Repeat, should have about 5 or 6 pancakes
5. Using scissors, cut the chips into small triangles and spread them out on the baking sheet.
6. Preheat oven at 400°F bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chips are crispy. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Xylitol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs or egg replacements
- (1 tablespoon golden flax seed plus 2 tablespoon water for each egg) =
- 5 tablespoon golden flax seed plus 10 tablespoons of water.
- Optional 1/4 cup of nuts pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl combine dry ingredients
almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, xylitol and salt use a whisk to mix together.
3. Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl coconut oil and vanilla and eggs. Whisk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly until combined.
* If using the egg replacement start with whisk and mix by hand when adding the dry ingredients.
4. If using nuts fold in batter and pour into loaf pan. ( I use the mimi loaf pans makes 3 small loafs).
5. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, or until took pick comes out clean in the center.
Enjoy! eatting it plain or with sugar free preserves by Nature's Hollow
#1 Seed Cracker
1/3 cup sunflower
1/3 cup hemp seed
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 Red Bell pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250°F
2. In a food processor combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Place on parchment lined baking sheet using another piece of parchment on top roll out until 1/8 inch thin, remove top parchment paper discard.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy.
Note - This is a great pizza crust recipe used in Dr. Candi's Pizza Recipe
#2 Herb Cracker
2 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and alittle if you sprinkle on top of crackers.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 large egg or if using (egg replacer -
1 Tablespoon flaxseed & 2 Tablespoons of water or 1 Tablespoon chia seeds & 2 Tablespoon water let set of 5 mintues to gel)
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F In small bowl , combine almond flour, dried onion, herbs,and sea salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, egg, or ( flaxseed or chia seed replacement ) and water until blended.
3. Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients mixed throughly, use your hands to knead into a ball.
4. Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet, using another piece of parchment paper, roll out to 1/8 " thickness.
5. Remove top parchment paper. Using knife or pizza cutter score dough into squares. If desired lightly sprinkle crackers with sea salt.
6. Bake for 12 minutes until crackers are lightly golden along the outer edge. If crackers around the edges get done remove and continue to bake 1-2 mintues longer.
7. Remove from oven allow to cool. To get more crispy put back in oven slightly open oven door but do not turn oven on. Keep a close eye of them so they don't get over browned.
8. To keep crackers crispy, store in air tight container in the freezer.
* Great with Cashew Cheese from Whole Foods
1 1/2 cups raw whole almonds
1 cup raw whole cashews
1 cup raw whole peacans
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup softened coconut butter (see recipe below)
1/3 cup Maple B Syrup
2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 heaping Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Fresh or dried fruit
1. In a large bowl place the nuts and salt, cover with filtered water, Cover bowl and allow the nuts to soak for 18-24 hours.
2. After nuts have soaked, drain and rinse nuts, place on clean kitchen towel to absorb excess moisture. Chop nuts into pieces by hand or you can use a food processor pulse a little at a time (so you do not over process or you will get nut meal).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut butter, maple syrup until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients, whisk until combined, set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Add chopped nuts to bowl with maple syrup mixture, mix well combined. Spoon the granola mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet spread evenly.
6. Bake the granola for 2 hours then remove from oven gently rotate granola mixture, Return granola to oven and bake another 2 hours, then repeat flipping granola. Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes and bake another 30-45 minutes until coconut is lightly toasted.
7. Remove from oven let cool, after 5-8 minutes check crunch factor. If not crunchy enough, return it to warm oven and allow it to sit in the warm oven for 20-30 minutes until it reaches the level of crispness.
8. Allow to cool transfer to air tight containers. Store in pantry for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for about 3 weeks, or in the freezer for 3 months. Add fresh or dried fruit.
Recipe for Coconut Butter
Take 2 cups of unsweetened coconut put in food processor or blender let it run until it becomes smooth that's it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 green peppers
- 1 or 2 yellow peppers
- 1 or 2 red peppers
- 1 or 2 orange peppers
- 2 yellow squash
- 3 or 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon dry chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry chopped garlic
- 1 cup Marinara sauce (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon savory
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds or celery salt
- Slice/cut up all peppers, squash, zucchini.
- In a large pot put 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sliced vegetables, add seasoning as well as Marinara sauce.
- Put on medium-low heat cover it with lid with a little opening to let steam out, cook for 45 minutes. Cook till vegetables are tender.
Beside home made Marinara sauce I will also use Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti sauce.
Recipe for homemade Marinara sauce
5 to 6 large tomatoes diced or 1 - 16oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 - 6oz can tomatoe paste
3 cups diced fresh basil 5 to 6 garlic cloves, diced
Sea salt and pepper to taste.
1. Mix all ingredients together in blender until smooth. Store in container. Enjoy!
I love recipe's that you can throw everything in the slow cooker and forget it until dinner time. Making this homemade Southern Pulled BBQ Chicken is as easy as sliding off a greasy log backwards.
Southern Pulled Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup maple B grade syrup
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-natural liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Koop's)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker, stir and cook on high for 3 hours. Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker and cook for 1 hour. Try serving coleslaw on top or alongside. Recipe for coleslaw below.
- 1 cup each of shredded green and red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Soy-Free Vegenaise Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I use Koop's)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple grade B syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash black pepper
1. Place all ingredients for coleslaw in a bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.