#1 Seed Cracker
- 1/3 cup sunflower
- 1/3 cup hemp seed
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 Red Bell pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250°F
2. In a food processor combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Place on parchment lined baking sheet using another piece of parchment on top roll out until 1/8 inch thin, remove top parchment paper discard.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy.
Note – This is a great pizza crust recipe used in Dr. Candi’s Pizza Recipe
#2 Herb Cracker
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and alittle if you sprinkle on top of crackers.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg or if using (egg replacer –
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed & 2 Tablespoons of water or 1 Tablespoon chia seeds & 2 Tablespoon water let set of 5 mintues to gel)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F In small bowl , combine almond flour, dried onion, herbs,and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, egg, or ( flaxseed or chia seed replacement ) and water until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients mixed throughly, use your hands to knead into a ball.
- Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet, using another piece of parchment paper, roll out to 1/8 ” thickness.
- Remove top parchment paper. Using knife or pizza cutter score dough into squares. If desired lightly sprinkle crackers with sea salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes until crackers are lightly golden along the outer edge. If crackers around the edges get done remove and continue to bake 1-2 mintues longer.
- Remove from oven allow to cool. To get more crispy put back in oven slightly open oven door but do not turn oven on. Keep a close eye of them so they don’t get over browned.
- To keep crackers crispy, store in air tight container in the freezer.
* Great with Cashew Cheese from Whole Foods